Getting people to view your website is a vital part of any internet marketing campaign and also an important ORM tactic. A high organic click through rate (CTR) translates into conversions that will boost the company’s client base. While CTR isn’t formally listed as one of Google’s direct algorithmic ranking factors, it does indirectly affect the SERP and helps to determine whether a website will hold its place at the top of the search page.
Reputation Defender’s online brand promotion services include a wide range of strategies that will drive up traffic to your company’s official site. There are multiple reasons why people may be directed to your site, from finding it on a search page, to hearing it mentioned on social media, or seeing your name on a conference flyer.
Here are some of the ways to create buzz around your company site:
Become a Social Media Expert
Official social media profiles are a must for any company interested in developing an online profile. Once these pages are created, use them to generate activity and direct people back to your website.
- Start with the basics – Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and of course Google+.
- Share articles – It’s important to share blog articles and other brand content.
- Share pictures – Profiles on Instagram, Flickr, and Pinterest are good places to upload images that can be shared on other pages.
- Include video content – Post videos to YouTube and share them on social media sites. Use Periscope and Facebook Live to incorporate a live feed to your page.
- Create content that is innately shareable – Use SlideShare or design infographics that maximize the visual impact of the message.
- Add links – Make sure there is a website link on all social media profiles.
- Call to action – Adding these buttons on Facebook and other social platforms will let you direct traffic to a specific action page.
- Add social sharing buttons on blog articles and website pages – This will encourage people to link to your content on their own pages.
- Re-share articles – Don’t assume all followers have seen an article after one share. Buffer and Edgar are 2 apps that will automatically re-share content at scheduled times.
- Do a “Share Exchange” – Reach out to a similar sized account and offer to share their content (including a website link) if they will return the favor. This can open up reach to a whole new audience.
- Don’t forget about these sites:
- Quora – Generate material by answering questions that relate to your industry.
- Reddit – There are a lot of rules against spamming on Reddit but if you take the time to build a profile that’s known for posting genuine and informative content, there can be a big payoff in site traffic. Once you have a following, try showing off your expertise by hosting an AMA (Ask Me Anything) session.
- Product Hunt – Submit a physical or digital product to Product Hunt’s “list of cool new things”.
- Lesser known social media – Tumblr, Snapchat, Buzznet, WhatsApp, About.me etc.
Target Your Email Audience
There’s a narrower exposure window but email can still be an important way of gaining regular customers who visit your site often.
- Email outreach – Send targeted emails about new products on your site and include a link.
- Embedded link – Put a website link in your email signature.
- Autoresponder – Add a link and an invitation to find out more on the company website.
Get the Company in the News
If your brand is in the news regularly, people will start to recognize it as an authority.
- Pitch an interesting new product – Blogs are always looking for good stories. They may be thrilled to learn about something that would interest their audience and you will subsequently gain exposure.
- Google News – If the site puts out regular updates, you may be able to register it a news source with Google. There are specific content rules here, since Google is resistant to news releases that are basically marketing, but sites that comply will gain a big audience.
- HARO (Help a Reporter Out) – Sign up to be interviewed as an expert in your industry and link to the article on your website and social profiles.
Convert Offline Contacts
In person, contacts can turn into website traffic when people go online to learn more about your business or product. Here are some ways to make this happen:
- Business cards – Create a personal or brand business card that includes your company’s website address.
- Posters – Display the website address prominently in all physical locations.
- Pass out promotional gifts – Hand out pens, stickers or tote bags bearing the company logo and website.
- Build a mailing list – Ask face-to-face customers for their email.
- Network – Attend an industry related conference. Share information about the conference on social media pages and write an article about your experience. You could even offer to sponsor relatable events.
- Help customers get to know you – Organize a workshop or conference where people can learn more about your product and how to use it.
Generating fresh website traffic will be an ongoing campaign. It begins with generating interest in the brand through genuine content and personal interaction. It is then important to give clear and easy directions to additional information via the company’s website. Use a variety of platforms, as suggested in the list above, to give the company the best chance of connecting with the most people. For more help with building an effective campaign, contact our online marketing experts at Reputation Defender.